This pandemic has forced us all to reconsider what it means to be a local church. As a result church may look a little different for you! At FBC Broussard we are doing our best to make sure that you can still be the church even if you can't be AT church.
While there are many questions about what is most effective during this time our desire is to show Godly love to everyone. Regardless of ours or anyone's opinions about the state mandates we believe we show God's love best by making sure that everyone who wants to worship feels comfortable to enter the building and participate, or go online and still participate.
So what does that look like for us?
- We have two services instead of one. The first is at 9 AM and the second is at 10:30. This allows for us to spread out better.
- We also tape the sermon ahead of time and put it on our website for those who choose to stay home.
- We have also roped off pews in the Worship Center and are streaming the service into our Cafe area to allow people to distance.
- We encourage mask wearing as you enter the building and get to your seats. You may then remove the mask once seated if you feel comfortable doing so.
- We no longer pass an offering plate and encourage you to give at our Giving Kiosk in the Cafe area, give online or through our app, drop off your offering in one of the plates at the front of the Worship Center, or mail it in.
- Small groups have started back up. We offer a youth class and an adult class at 9 AM or we offer a men's class and a women's class at 10:30 AM. Chairs are spaced apart and meeting rooms are larger than before.
- Extra masks and hand sanitizer can be found at the entrance.
- Pre-K childcare is limited but offered during the 10:30 service, Children's Church is also offered during this time once the worship portion of our service has finished. If interested see our Children's Minister Vicki Tilley for details at the Kid's Check-In desk.
- Wednesday Night activities are limited as well. Prayer meeting and our youth ministry have been meeting at times, but are subject to cancelations. If you are interested in these two please contact the church office during the day to see if they are meeting. All Children's activities on Wednesday nights are currently canceled.